What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
- Reduce neck and back tension
- Reduce symptoms of headaches resulting from tight neck muscles
- Reduce shoulder pain, stiffness and improves circulation
- Reduce back pain and help restore range of motion
- Reduce foot and leg pain by reducing scar tissue formation
Depending on the area of discomfort our trained registered massage therapist will use a hot stone. We also offer cupping and lymphatic drainage. Lymphatic drainage massage, also known as manual lymphatic drainage, relieves swelling that happens when medical treatment or illness blocks your lymphatic system. Lymphatic drainage massage involves gently manipulating specific areas of your body to help lymph move to an area with working lymph vessels.
How are Lymphatic Drainage Massages Performed?
A lymphatic drainage massage is performed in two steps:
- Clearing: This step releases lymphatic fluid in your tissues
- Reabsorption: This step moves your lymphatic fluid to your lymph nodes
Massage therapy is a field of health care that aims to treat muscles and connective tissues so to enhance a person’s function and overall well-being. Massage therapy is incredibly beneficial for musculoskeletal disorders and dysfunction affecting the circulatory, lymphatic, muscular, immune, and nervous systems.
Massage Therapy is an Effective Treatment of:
- Lower back pain
- Shoulder and Neck tightness
- Helps relieve headaches
- Sprains and Strains
- Muscle Spasms
- Musculoskeletal dysfunctions
Book a Massage Therapy Appointment Today!
Are you looking for registered massage therapy services in Midtown Toronto or Scarborough? Our injury rehabilitation clinics are conveniently located at Bloor & Dufferin in Toronto or Eglinton & Kennedy Rd in Scarborough.
At Toronto Physio Therapy, we offer physiotherapy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, acupuncture, and other injury rehabilitation services that are covered by your health insurance.